Trout Fishing in America (1961) - Richard Brautigan




The sun was like a huge fifty-cent piece that someone had poured kerosene on and then had lit with a match and said, "Here, hold this while I go get a newpaper," and put the coin in my hand, but never came back.
(p. 6)


A little ways up from the shack was an outhouse with its door flung violently open. The inside of the house was exposed like a human face and the outhouse seemed to say, "The old guy who built me crapped in here 9,745 times and he's dead now and I don't want anyone else to touch me. He was a good guy. He built me with loving care. Leave me alone. I'm a monument now to a good ass gone under. If you have to crap, go in the bushes like the deer."
(p. 7)


He created his own Kool-Aid reality and was able to illuminate himself by it.
(p. 10)


When the hammer clicked back, the rat paused between bites and looked out of the corner of its eye. First at the pistol and then at the man. It was a kinf of friendly look as if to say, "When my mother was young she sang like Deanna Durbin."
The man pulled the trigger.
He had no sense of humor.
(p. 13)


I guess it's only reasonable that people, when they get the chance, would want to shoot some stove sitting in the woods.
(p. 62)


Then I wiped the puke off my clothes and for some strange reason suddenly it was a perfect time, there at Mushroom Springs, to wonder whatever happened to the Zoot suit.
(p. 78)


She was soon running around with a big cutthroat trout in her hands, carrying it like a harp on her way to a concert - ten minutes late with no bus in sight and no taxi either.
(p. 79)


In the summer Id' thow endless cords of wood into her basement until I was silly in the head and everything looked like wood, even clouds in the sky and cars parked on the street and cats.
(p. 82)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire